The VL400Q Wire EDM features Sodick’s Linear Motor Technology. The VL Series is an advanced line of performance Wire EDM. The medium sized VL400Q is well-suited for a wide range of machining applications.
- 10-Year Positioning Guarantee
- Linear Motor Drives (X, Y, U, and V axes)
- Glass Scale Feedback (X, Y, U, and V)
- Super Jet Annealing High Speed AWT
- Improved Surface Finish Circuit
- Ceramic Components
- Wire Tip Disposal Unit
- Z Axis Automatic Dielectric Fluid Level Control
- Advanced Tension Servo Control
- FTII (Precision Pick-Up Function)
- High Speed Electrolysis-Free Power Supply
- USB and LAN Connection Port
- Remote Hand Control and Mouse
- Energy Saving Circuit
- Dielectric Cooling Unit
- Built-In Voltage Stabilizer
- Motion Controller
- On-Board, User-Friendly Heart NC Software
- Sodick Rotary Table (WS4P or WS5P)
- L-Cut Wire Chopper
- 44 lb. Wire Spool Feeder
- SodickCare +2 or +4 Extended Warranty
|X - Axis Travel||15.75" (400 mm)|
|Y - Axis Travel||11.81" (300 mm)|
|Z - Axis Travel||8.66" (220 mm)|
|U, V - Axis Travel||3.15” x 3.15” (80 x 80 mm)|
|Wire Diameter Range (min ~ max)||0.004” ~ 0.012” (0.10 ~ 0.30 mm)|
|Work Tank Inner Dimensions W x D||33.85" x 27.16" (860 x 690 mm)|
|Max. Workpiece Weight||1,102 lbs (500 kg)|
|Distance from Floor to Table Top||35.43” (900 mm)|
|Machine Tool Dimensions W x D x H||79.52" x 90.94" x 78.35" (2,020 x 2,310 x 1,990 mm)|
|Machine Weight||5,952 lbs (2,700 kg)|
Linear Motor Drives with Glass Scale Feedback
Sodick’s VL400Q linear motor driven, precision Wire EDM features new user-friendly EDMing technology which further enhances productivity and EDMing precision. The machine’s linear motor axes drives are coupled with glass scales on the X, Y, U, and V axes which ensure precision cutting and positioning accuracy. Sodick’s X, Y, U, and V linear motor drives have no backlash and are backed by Sodick’s 10-Year positioning accuracy guarantee.
SMART Control Technology – LN2W
The VL400Qs Windows Operating System based, ergonomically friendly, high speed control comes standard with a large 15.1” LCD touch screen. Standard items; such as, the LAN network connection and a 1GB USB memory stick make it easy to transfer programming files. The 4 GB compact flash card memory eliminates hard drives which can crash resulting in lost data.
The Heart NC on-board, user-friendly programming software is beneficial for shops that are on a tight budget. Heart NC can program both 2 and 4 axes shapes and import CAD files.
The VL Series Wire EDMs feature energy-saving designs and technologies. Compared to conventional Electrical Discharge Machines, the Sodick WEDM Range can reduce average energy consumption by up to 60%.